How to Select a Professional Translation Agency
Today, we live in a world that is more connected than ever before. Therefore, there are numerous situations where someone might have to translate between different languages. In this situation, it is important to make sure that the translations are handled efficiently and appropriately. This is where a translation agency can be helpful.
A quick internet search is going to return numerous options for various transcription agencies, which often leads to more confusion. How can someone make sure they find the right transcription agency to meet their needs? There are several key steps that everyone must follow when selecting a company to work with.
How to Select an Agency?
To select a translation agency, there are several steps that everyone must follow. Some of the key factors that need to be considered when selecting the right company include:
- Experience: First, it is important to take a close look at the experience of the agency. Experience is important because this will speak to the quality of the translations being provided. Furthermore, a more experienced company can deal with a vast array of documents that might need to be translated. In this manner, an experienced agency will also be able to tackle any problems or curveballs that might come up during the translation process.
- Prices: Of course, it is also important to think about the price of these services. You will need to make sure the agency provides transparency when it comes to the pricing of their services. Do they charge differently for certain types of languages? Do they charge differently for certain types of documents? Are they charging per word or per page? These are a few of the key points that everyone must think about when they are selecting a translation agency.
- Humans or Machines: It is important to make sure the company employs actual translators. In some instances, you may find an agency that uses machines instead of human translators. Although machines are increasingly helpful in many areas, they are not going to be able to translate as accurately as people. There are countless types of jargon and slang that sometimes must be translated into documents, and context is always going to be a major factor in transcription that machines are not capable of processing and maintain.
- Native Translators: In addition to using human translators, the ideal transcription agency will have native speakers handling their translations. Native translators are always going to be more accurate and even though there are situations where non-native speakers can exremely helpful, native translators are better. This is something to consider when looking for an agency.
- Timing: Finally, it is also critical to think about how long the translations are going to take to come back. Even though agencies need to take the time to make sure their translations are accurate, everyone wants to get their documents back in a timely manner so they can move forward on whatever their project might be. Be sure to clarify how long the documents are going to take to come back. This is going to be important when it comes to deciding which transcription company to hire.
These are just a few of the key steps that everyone must follow when they are looking for a transcription agency. Like other services, there are lots of options out there for translation agencies. There is no single “best” company out there. Instead, everyone must take the time to look at the services provided by the company and make sure they have selected the right one to meet their needs. This will place everyone in the best position possible to be successful.
Hallmarks of a Great Agency
For those who are trying to figure out which translation company to hire, there are several hallmarks that everyone should look for. Looking for these key aspects ahead of time will ensure that you work with a solid company that can meet your needs. Some of the most important qualities to note include:
- The Organization Uses Specialized Translators: First, a great agency is going to use specialized translators. In addition to using native translators, there can be a lot of challenging language and jargon that takes place in certain fields. For example, the legal and medical fields are filled with terminology that can make it hard for people without training in these specific fields to translate accurately even if they are native speakers. A solid transcription company is going to use specialized translators for certain industries to increase the accuracy of the results.
- They Provide Localization in their Services: Second, a solid translation company is also going to rely on the effectiveness of localization. With proper planning and flawless execution, this allows them to streamline the process while also keeping clients updated regarding the progress of their requests. This can go a long way toward making sure that everyone is happy with the results they received because they are going to be kept in the loop regarding the status. Be sure to ask about updates and localization when it comes to the documents provided.
- They Always Have Translation Samples Ready: Finally, any organization that hopes to work with you should have samples ready. They should be proud of their work, and should be ready to show it off when someone requests it. Furthermore, a transcription company might even provide references that people can reach out to you to ask about their experience. If an organization is not able to produce samples or a reference list, this can be a red flag.
These are just a few of the characteristics that everyone should keep in mind when they are looking for a transcription company. If you are looking for a professional transcription agency that exemplifies these qualities, consider working with us at Etcetera Language Group, Inc. We are one of the most experienced translation agencies in the world. With rapid translations in countless languages, all documents are going to come back in a timely manner from trained, certified translators. We will be happy to help you with all your translation needs as well. Give us a call today to learn more about how our services can help you!
Categorised in: Language Services